Eddie Brock- Kitchen (a)

An abrupt cacophony awake you from your deep slumber, a horrendously loud orchestra of smashing plates and glass quickly brought you into a state of unwanted alertness. You tried to wake up Eddie, normally he would be lying catatonically next to you in a heavy sleep snoring away, but today he was nowhere to be seen.

"Eddie?" You called out, hoping that he had just slipped on a wet patch in the kitchen or knocked over some of the dishes in his sleepy state. The silence was broken by scattering and more breaking. Even the nicer parts of New York were cursed with a high crime rate, so you curled your fingers around the taped handle of the baseball bat that sat under your bed and cautiously and silently made your way to the door. "I'm not alone here..." Through a trembling voice you tried your best to sound intimidating, after no response you pressed your ear to the door and vigilantly pushed against the aged wood. A splinter of light entered your bedroom, growing larger and larger until your whole room was almost lit up and the door was fully open.

Apart from shards of ceramic and glass dashed across the tiling, you couldn't see much else, you thought the intruders must have heeded your feeble warning and made off until you saw Eddie sprawled out on the floor. With each ebb and flow of his chest you saw his face scrunch up in deep pain.

What happened? You thought, rushing over to him and doing your best to examine him, trying to figure out what could have happened. You looked over at the window, at the door but there was no sign of a break in or a hasty exit.

"Where did they go?" Eddie's hand slowly rose from the floor and cupped your cheek.

"This is my fault." He managed to splutter out.

"No, you can be a bit of a meathead, but I know you didn't ask for this." Through the pain and discomfort, he managed to smile, not in happiness but a confused smile.

"Nobody tried to do anything to the apartment." He asked you to pull him up, you tried your best but he ended up half sat-up against the counter.

"Eddie what the fuck has happened?"

"Something's wrong with me."

"Yeah no shit, care to spare a few more details."

"I did this... kind of."

~*~

Written by Aaron.