Valkyrie- Protect (c)

Being a Valkyrie was rather enjoyable and rewarding job, knowing you were keeping Asgard safe and doing everything in your power to rid any evil. It was all well and good until you were one of two left after your fellow Valkyrie were massacred. For a while the two of you left and didn't try to continue your role, seen as it was a very rare occurrence that there was only one or two people you needed to fight.

Even though you tried to not cause a trouble and certainly stay out of battle, it was inevitable that you would end up needing to fight. As expected, you and your fellow Valkyrie were on a battlefield with many opponents, but it didn't take you long until you were left with only the leader of their army.

"Is that all you've got?" You smirked, spinning your sword around in a cocky manner, knowing having killed a couple of hundred of their army, you could easily get rid of the leader.

The leader of the army, smiled at the two of you, waving a hand in front of him until the whole army formed back together, ready to fight once again. The two of you paused, looking at each other, confused as neither of you knew that he could do that. You fellow Valkyrie quickly became angry, moving to grip her sword properly again, ready to repeat the fight but this time with you both half tired and their side back to optimum level.

"Oh, why did you have to say that?!" She spat.

"How was I meant to know that he could resurrect them?" You argued. "Did you know that?"

"No, but it was a stupid thing to say as a battle is never done until they are all completely dead."

You rolled your eyes, swinging your sword to kill one of the enemies, knowing there was far more that needed to be done soon.

"I'm sorry," you grunted, continuing the fight and needing to make your words audible over the mess of war cries from your enemies.

"Don't be so bloody cocky," she retorted. "If I die because of this, I am going to haunt you until you die too."

You offered her a sheepish smile before turning back to the issue at hand. The two of you fought through the enemies until they were all actually dead and you were both tired and ready to actually call it an end, although she would never let you live down your cocky attitude.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request