Tony Stark- Father: Part 2 (c)

You let out another scream as pain surged through you. Tony had an arm wrapped around you as you tried to bury yourself into the pillows to try and comfort yourself from the intense levels of pain that you felt.

"I'm not ready to be a father," Tony said, his breathing erratic and sweat beading across his forehead.

As the pain settled, you tried to catch your breath whilst shooting your husband a glare. It had taken Tony a while to get his head around the fact that he was meant to have a child. He struggled to understand that his experiences didn't dictate how he would treat your child. Nevertheless, he realised that he would be the best father as long as he put his mind to it, but clearly now that you were lying in a hospital bed in the midst of labour, he had started to have doubts again.

"Tony, it's a bit late to change your mind about this baby," you hissed. "I can't exactly suck it back inside until you're ready."

He let out an awkward laugh as he seemed to lose himself to his thoughts again. Sometimes you didn't understand how his mind worked, but at the moment the panic of bringing your first child into the world, ran through you and for once you knew how Tony was feeling too.

After what had felt like a lifetime of labour, your child had come into the world and now your daughter was curled up in a blanket in your arms, at peace with the world. Although you loved your husband with all of your heart, seeing the face of your new-born child made you feel such an intense love that you had never experienced before. Tony was still beside you, his arms wrapped around you, and like yourself, his eyes were glued onto the angelic face of your child.

"I'm ready to be a father," Tony whispered into your ear.

Your face lit up at his words, him never having sounded so certain before.

"You will be the best father," you responded at the same low tone, as to not wake up your sleeping child.

He let out a gentle laugh.

"Youwill be the best mother," he said. "I just hope that we can give her all of thehappiness in the world. I know that I will be everything that my fatherlacked."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by