Thor Odinson- Gym (a)

He lay on the padded mat, his normally blonde hair had turned a few shades darker thanks to the puddle of sweat that lay under his head, his clothes had suffered the same fate.

"Come on Thor. Just because Thanos is dust doesn't mean we can slack. You need to get back into shape, you should know by now that Earth isn't the most peaceful place in the galaxy. Now all I'm asking for is a few more sit-ups and we can have a break."

"I'm the god of the thunder... I don't need these sit-ups to stay healthy. Look at me, I'm the embodiment of the humanoid physique."

"Thor, exercise. Now!"

"Need I remind you twice of who I am. I am the commander of lightning and thunder."

"At the moment you're looking more like the commander of thunder thighs."

"How dare you." Thor struggled to sit up from his horizontal position, panting and wheezing as he rocked forward and onto his feet.

"What are you going to do right now if Earth gets invaded? Waddle them to death? You're not the Kung Fu Panda, Thor."

Thor let off one of his trademark thunderous laughs.

"A panda bear that knows martial arts? Why is he not a part of the Avengers? We must meet him at once."

"He isn't real Thor... He's a character from a film."

"Is it possible for us to create some kind of fighting Panda? Maybe see if Rocket has some Asian friends?"

"Thor you're changing the subject."

"I am perfectly happy with my current fitness level. I'm still good old crime fighting Odinson. I bet I could take you on in a fight."

"This isn't about who you can fight."

"Why huh? You scared?" He prodded his finger into your chest.

"I don't want to fight-"

"You're scared, aren't you?" He cut you off as you tried to speak.

"Well, you're a literal god so... yeah." Thor laughed again.

"See, physical perfection." He turned to the mirror that filled the entire wall of the gym and flexed as hard as he could but there was little muscle present.

"I bet you couldn't even run to the end of the gym."

"Counter point planet fitness, I don't want to run 'to the other end of the gym'."

You reached into the bag of sweatbands, cones and other training equipment and pulled out a single can of beer, the glistening metal instantly caught his attention.

"Do not taunt me with such temptations."

"I bet that if I put this on that shelf over there you would run over to it, especially if whoever get's it first gets to drink it." His eyes didn't move from the can.

"You cruel, cruel person."

"Come on Thor, get the beer."

"I am not a dog, I will not be humiliated for a drink."

"What about two?"

"Well that's different isn't it?" He knelt down in the best sprinting position that he could muster.

~*~

Written by Aaron.