Daisy Johnson- Blame (c)

You didn't know it was possible to feel so much pain. Every inch of your body ached; you were pretty sure that even your hair was hurting.

As you opened your eyes to see the medic bay on the bus, you remembered everything that had happened to you. You and Skye had been in her van watching a building that Ward and May would be breaking into. The van was old and easily passed as a workman's van so as long as you kept your head down the two of you wouldn't be noticed.

Sadly, you were noticed. You didn't know what they saw that made them suspicious, but they sent bullets into the van and took out the wheels before you could go anywhere. You were a trained SHIELD agent, whilst Skye was more like an intern at this point. You were put in charge of protecting her. If the threat of Coulson wasn't enough, the two of you had been dating, so you were prepared to do anything to make sure she stayed safe.

You got out of the van and tried your best to shoot the person attacking you but when you did your best to protect Skye, you failed to notice the car that soon smacked into your body. You knew it was your own fault for focusing on her rather than on the dangers around you but seen as you were in such intense pain, you were pretty sure you were alive.

Skye was sat next to your bed, snoring her head off. You couldn't move any of your limbs enough to gain her attention but in an attempt to move your arm, you let out a grunt of pain, gaining a loud snort from her and her waking.

"Y/N," she croaked, jumping up to stand by you. "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" You asked, instantly regretting it as even talking was causing you pain.

"I shouldn't have insisted on going out in the field. If I wasn't there you wouldn't have gotten hurt. You shouldn't have had to protect me as well as yourself. It wasn't fair on you and clearly it didn't work out well as you're in a hospital bed with more broken bones than I thought possible."

You shook your head, instantly wincing at the pain. "It's not your fault. I messed up, please don't blame yourself."

She offered you a weak smile, pushing your hair from your forehead. "Let's not blame anyone at the moment. I'm sure Coulson will do that later. You need your rest."

Although you agreed with her, you feared to nod your head.

"I love you Skye," you smiled softly.

"I love you too," she said, leaning down to press her lips to your forehead.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by