Remy LeBeau- Plants (c)

"Oh, for fucks sake," you shouted, looking down at the disaster before you.

Nothing seemed to make sense when it came to life and death. You knew the simple aspects of it that you needed to know but everything past that flew straight over your head.

Your husband had overheard your questionable language and rushed from the front door that he had just entered, to check on what was going on and causing you to swear so loudly. Remy had just returned home and was instantly concerned about his relatively mild-mannered wife sounding like a sailor. When he found you in the living room, he was baffled by your annoyance as nothing seemed to odd.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"The plant is dead," you frowned, lifting up the plant pot to show him the browned spikes of the plant that you hoped would thrive in your home.

"It's not the first."

Many plants had entered your house and then hastily exited in a far worse state than they entered. You struggled to keep potted plants alive, so had tried to get one that naturally grew in a desert, one that you pretty much had to leave alone and it would do well, but here you were again with a pot of death.

"These ones survive everything. You have to actively try to kill them, that's how resilient they are but somehow I have ended up killing this one again," you said with tears brimming in your eyes.

"Hey," he said softly. "Why is this upsetting you so much?"

"Why the hell would you think it would be a good idea to grow our family, when I can't even keep a plant alive," you croaked through your tears. "How am I meant to be a mother? I can't even remember to water a plant, let alone keep a baby alive."

Remy let out a little chuckle, as he moved his hand to rest on your growing bump. He leaned in to press his lips to your cheek.

"You are going to be an amazing mother," he assured you. "A plant and a baby are very different. Your potted plants don't cry to make sure you know they need something. You just need to calm down."

You let out a sigh, knowing your emotions were getting the best of you a lot of the time and were very much glad that you had Remy to make you see things properly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.