Bucky Barnes- Morning (a)

"I didn't have you down as the type for this kind of stuff." You spoke gently and calmly as Bucky ran you through his morning routine of stretches and motions.

"I have spent enough time in Wakanda to learn some very valuable things, this just helps me to clear my head in the morning." Precisely and purposely he inhaled and exhaled, timing his breaths with the fluid movements of his arms and legs.

"I'm glad that you're feeling better though. You've been through a lot of shit."

"I don't know if I'll ever find peace." You both looked over the stunning expanse of lake in front of you. "But this certainly helps." He held his hands apart and held them apart, slowly bringing them together along with a deep exhale.

You tried to follow along, he commented on your take on the exercise, claiming that you were a natural, or were at least good at making it look like you knew what you were doing.

"So what do you do here? I presume they don't let you stay free of charge."

"I just help around doing whatever I can in exchange for food when I need it and somewhere to pitch my tent. It's a good life, not something that I was all too used too but it's nice."

"Do you miss your old life?"

He held his hands together, stretched as high as he could and told you that everything was done for the morning.

"Constantly running from the law? Never knowing when I would have to jump on a freight train to flee the state or even the country? No thank you."

"You really have changed, the Bucky I knew hunted out trouble."

"Like I said, these people have taught me a lot."

"I know Bucky." You wrapped your arms around him, feeling very loose from your spiritual morning. "I'm so proud of you, you've come so far."

"I'm a better man now, I just wish that I could go back and right my wrongs."

"Those aren't your wrongs to right and you know that, they messed with your mind that isn't your fault."

"I should have been able to stop it, instead I just let them run wild inside of me."

"You're on the right path now and there isn't any changing the past. Look forward towards the future don't let your past haunt you. You're capable of great things, just keep doing what you're doing and everything will be okay."

~*~

Written by Aaron.