Miles Morales- Kid (a)

Miles stood proudly in view of his latest catch, a pretty small-time heister who Kingpin had persuaded to try something a bit out of his league. Still, you can't fault a guy for trying. Most of the police didn't really get on with Miles and any of the other Spiders who would come by everyone so often to help, but you and him had built up a good friendship over the past few months and you knew he was only doing good for his community.

"Pretty good kid, it would be nice if you could stop these guys without sticking them to the wall. We appreciate the help; it just takes forever to get them down. We've gone through ten scrapers this week and it's only Tuesday." Miles laughed under his mask.

"How else do you expect me to stop 'em? Besides, this stuff will degrade by itself if you just give it a few days... or a week. Just because I'm some kid doesn't mean I don't care about the environment by the way." Miles strolled up to the assailant with his hands on his hips, he leant closely into the face of the squirming thief. "Just think." He pulled back. "One wrong choice in my life and that could have been me pinned to the wall, just waiting to be peeled out of my spider silk jacket only to be slid into a pair of handcuffs."

"Not you... like I said, you're a good kid." He pulled his mask from his head and wiped a mist of sweat from his forehead, it would only be a quick break from the fabric helmet but it was better than nothing.

"What's with all the kid this, kid that. I'm out here busting my ass keeping the scumbags of this city in check and all people seem to see is that I'm a kid. I know I'm no Peter Parker but I think I deserve more than kid."

"Who you calling a scumbag? You don't know me... kid." Miles rose his arm and fired small ball of web over his mouth.

"I don't get it." An echo of sirens in the distance prompted him to don his mask once again. "Off I go again." He made sure you had the crook under control, you assured him you could manage the weed of a man in your sleep. "A kid happily risking his life for the safety of the city."

~*~

Written by Aaron.