Bucky Barnes- Proposal (c)

Knowing that your boyfriend was leaving for England in the morning to join the war force, you felt absolutely terrible, not knowing that today may be the last time you saw him. You knew that Bucky was a capable man and that he would fight his hardest and try his best to come back to you but you feared that he wouldn't be able to control what other people did and he could end up killed.

He knew it was a possibility too and that was why he was taking you out dancing and to the local diner for dinner, to offer you one last exciting date before he would be gone for the best part of a year, possibly forever if things didn't go well for him. The two of you dance the night away before you headed to the diner, the two of you sitting down until your food was brought over.

"Is your burger okay?" You asked as he chewed his first bite of it.

"I'm certainly going to miss them," he chuckled taking another bite.

There was so much he would miss, you just hoped you were one of them. You'd hate to think that the separation would offer him clarity and would realise he didn't love you. It was a painful thought, but you couldn't shake it. Women always threw themselves at him but for some reason he stayed faithful to you, you felt privileged.

The two of you got through your food before he rose to his feet.

"Are we leaving so quickly?" You asked.

He shook his head. He grinned at you, which confused you more until he fell down onto one knee, pulling a box out of his pocket.

"I know that I may not come back to you and today may be our last day together, but I am going to do everything in my power to fight for our country and to return to you. Even without this certainty, I still want to be able to say you're my girl, that when I come back you will be my wife. I need you to know that whether I die at war or not, I still want to marry you. So, Y/N, will you do me the honour and marry me?"

You couldn't help the tears that brimmed in your eyes. Even if you were to lose him, this made the thought disappear, offering you hope for the future.

"Of course, you daft idiot," you grinned, leaning down to cup his cheeks and kiss him lovingly.

"I love you Y/N," he smiled, slipping the ring onto your finger.

"I love you more Bucky."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.