Reed Richards- Secret (c)

Secrets were rarely a good thing but sometimes they were impossible not to have. You and your husband were both scientists and you knew that he along with others had developed powers, but he didn't want to talk about them. Although you were a scientist and could assist him with adapting to life with his powers and using them for good, he didn't want you involved but if he knew the secret you had been holding for so long, maybe he would have trusted you. Well, you didn't think that he didn't trust you, but he didn't want you to worry or get hurt due to the new nature of them.

Normally, if he was working on something to do with his newly found abilities, he asked you to not enter his lab but today you felt like you had to. As you entered the room, Reed instantly turned his attentions towards you, stopping what he was doing.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, making his way over to you.

"I know you asked me to not bother you unless it was an emergency but please Reed, I need to speak with you."

He nodded his head. "It's okay, is something wrong?"

You paused. How were you meant to tell your husband that you had kept something so important away from him?

"I'm sorry Reed," you whispered.

"What?" He asked, confused by your words.

You let out a sigh, knowing there wasn't really an easy way to tell him what was going on. Maybe you should have told him sooner but nevertheless you felt as though you couldn't back then.

"I've kept something from you for a while," you said softly. "I'm sorry that I've lied to you for so long, but I need to tell you the truth."

Fear and concern washed over his face.

"What are you talking about?"

"Maybe it's easier if I just show you."

You pointed your hand at a book that lay on the table, as you raised your hand the book mirrored the movement, hovering above the table.

Reed gasped as he watched you move the book around before you returned it to it's place on the table.

"I was doing an experiment not long before you got your powers and well something went wrong and I can now do that," you shrugged. "I was scared to tell you, just in case you hated me or thought I was a freak."

He gave you a weak smile, pulling you into a hug, and pressing his lips onto the top of your head.

"I could never hate you Y/N," he smiled. "I do wish you told me sooner, but thank you for telling me now."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by