Steve Rogers- Baby (c)

Being a woman in the 1940s was hard enough let alone when your fiancé had gone off to fight in the war, leaving you to fend for yourself. If that wasn't hard enough, you had just found out you were pregnant. If your fiancé was to die at war, not only would that destroy you but it would leave you lost in the world and you didn't know what you would do, you would be a social pariah, an unwed mother. Concerns of how the world perceived you left you uncertain of the future and with Bucky at war, you only had one person to turn to, his best friend Steve.

He was still home, having recently been given a serum to make him a super soldier but a tour was being planned to rally men together to gain some hope for the army. Even though you knew he had a job to do, you were just glad he was still there so you could speak to him about what worried you.

When you told him that you were pregnant with Bucky's child, he was happy for you, until he saw the fear on your face.

"What's worrying you?" He asked.

"Not only pregnancy and childbirth in itself but what is everyone going to think Steve? I don't even know if Bucky wants a child, let alone to come home to one without knowledge of a pregnancy. What if he doesn't want this baby? What if he doesn't want me for having a child? What about what everyone else will think? I am unwed Steve, they will care not that I am to be married, I am simply a whore. I cannot accept bringing a child into this world to be the child of a whore," you ranted, too many thoughts flooding your mind to make any sense.

Steve leant forward to take your hands, forcing you to turn your attention back to him, seen as you were lost to your mind. He offered you a gentle smile.

"You need to think about yourself Y/N. No one else matters." He said softly. "Don't think about anybody else, what do you want?"

You hadn't given yourself a moment to think of such things. Your thoughts had always been second to what you felt other people would think of. Now was your chance to take into consideration how you truly felt, and it barely took a second to know what your heart truly wanted.

"I want this baby, Steve. I want to be a mother, I just don't know how to do that without Bucky," you whispered.

"He will be back soon, until then, I will be there to support you and your child," he smiled reassuringly.

"I couldn't ask for a better friend."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.