Clint Barton- Target (a)

Clint stood silently in the field, the only sounds being the creaking of the drawn bow and the whistling of the arrow hurtling the air before cementing themselves into the circular target. There was obviously no replacing the family that been wiped away at the hands of the tyrannical Titan, but in the short time that you had known each other you had created an intimate bond.

"Clint." You called out, he failed to respond. He continued to fire arrow after arrow with unparalleled precision, each and every projectile fuelled by anger, hatred and a desire for vengeance.

"Clint!" You tried again, your voice still muffled by the mighty thud of razor sharp arrowheads being embedded into the straw but this time he turned his head, threw the bow to the ground and walked towards the arrow adorned target.

"You can't ignore me forever." With great effort, Clint pulled each of the arrows out of the board.

"Maybe not, but I've always been on for trying." He walked back to his original position and raised his bow, before he could draw back the string you put your hand over his wrist and made him lower his weapon much to his dismay.

"Just tell me what's wrong." You demanded, he looked at you in confusion.

"oh I'm sorry, silly me. I should definitely be over the fact that my whole family was turned to dust at the fingertips of some purple asshole." For what he was saying, he sounded surprisingly calm.

"You're talking like you're the only person who lost people. We all lost people Clint, some people lost a whole lot more than you and I." Clint just shook his head and smiled, he started to stroll around the otherwise empty and isolated patch of greenery that surrounded the outskirts of the Avengers headquarters.

"How do you think that acting like this is going to help? "

"Well." He threw the arrows into the ground as he walked, each one narrowly missing his feet but sticking straight up out of the grass. "As soon as I see it, I plan on taking one of these arrows, or maybe that sword over there, and plunging it so deep into his sadistic skull that nobody will be able to pull it out."

"How do you think Lila, Cooper, Nathaniel... How do you think they would think about you behaving like this?"

" why?" He asked, drawing his bow with every inch of his being and firing the arrow straight through the now splintered board. "It isn't as if it matters what they would think."

~*~

Written by Aaron.