Thor Odinson- Dinner (a)

Every inch of your body screamed in agony as you followed Thor through the Asgardian streets and to the feasting hall. He walked ahead with ease, but you trailed behind him, your knees and feet feeling as if they were imbued with fire and your arms barely able to stay above the floor.

"Get a grip, it was just a little gym session." The majestic doors glided open at just a little push from Thor, you hobbled in behind him and amidst the scents of aged hardwood a flurry of aromas attacked your nose from all angles. Sconces lined the weapon adorned walls and as Thor sat you down on a sturdy bench, they slowly lit themselves and exposed the mountains of food that lay on boards and platters in front of you. "Do not worry, this was set out just before we arrived, it hasn't been sat here festering, I know how fussy you guys can be sometimes." His wide hand stretched over and grabbed onto a board. "Get stuck in, plenty here no need to be polite."

"You almost killed me back there!" You slapped a hunk of bread from his hands and onto the floor. With little more than a shrug he reached over to grab another handful. "Why did we just spend the last two hours doing that just to come in here and eat?!"

He slapped a big pat of golden butter onto the bread and rammed it into his mouth, a big and satisfied smile plastered across his face.

"You need to refill your energy, you wouldn't want to waste away, now would you?" This time his seeded loaf met with a hefty strip of boar and then both meddled with a formidable swig of ale.

"Well where's the good stuff then? This... this trash can't be good for me?"

"My people have feasted in this manner since the dawn of time, are the Asgardian's not some of the most respected warriors across the universe?" He pushed the chipped and stained board over to you.

"How do you look like that, when you eat like this?" Bellowing laughter filled the room, along with a fine spraying of soggy bread chunks and spit.

"To put it simply." He wrapped a greasy arm around you and rose an inscribed, ale-filled mug your lips. You couldn't help but take a mouthful of the sweet beverage. "You just have to work out more." He devoured a boars leg in what seemed like seconds, leaving what seemed like nothing more than bone. "Oh yeah, also having the metabolism of a god helps."

~*~

Written by Aaron.