Korg- Fight (a)

"I saw the roster for the next set of fights." Korg slumped himself down next to you, the ground shook under his rocky mass as he slid to the floor. "Turns out it's me and you... I wouldn't be too concerned though, it's just a fight to the death as tens of thousands of people watch in a frenzied lust for blood. So, like I said, nothing too serious." Your heart sank, since being thrown in the fighting pits those many months ago you and Korg had managed to build quite the friendship, he was the only thing in the place aside from Mike that wasn't just worried about winning their fight. He was a rare breed of being that wanted to care for people and make sure that they were okay.

"There's no way I'm fighting against you Korg. I could not bring myself to hurt you and I wouldn't want you to have to hurt me. There has to be something we can do."

"We could always try and find a way to speak to the Grandmaster, we won't have to fight each other if we're both piles of goop on the floor." You forced out whatever laugh you could.

"How long do we have?" Korg sighed heavily and ran his hands around his head. "How long before our fight?"

"Were up in two days' time. We get the slot before the Grandmaster's champion though, that's exciting, right? Don't worry though, there wont be much of a fight anyway." Your spirits lifted but only for the briefest of moments, you both knew that if the Grandmaster wanted you to fight there was no escape that wasn't death. "I'll go into the ring, put on a show as always, rile the crowd up and then I'll have a nasty fall and you can... you can do whatever you have to do."

"There is no way I can do that."

"You have to."

"And why can't I be the one that has the nasty fall? Why does it have to be you?"

"Because you're a better person than I am." He hoisted himself up from the curved wall and stretched his arms out, slowly receding to his back. "You're a great fighter, far better than I am. You're smart, funny... the list just goes on really, I'm just a big ol' rock."

"You're so much more than just a big rock Korg. We can escape... you almost started a rebellion, between us I'm sure we can do something."

"I'm not talking about it anymore y/n... just take the chance when you get it, at least we can give the people a good fight."

~*~
Written by Aaron.