Miles Morales- Notebook (a)

'At least this place isn't as crowded as my last hell-hole' you thought to yourself as you weaved through the hallways of your new school, trying your best not to stare too much at the upmarket private attendees which decorated the walkways.

"You lost hot stuff? You know your parents have to pay for this place right?" Turns out even places like this had their fair share of bullies, if anything It was worse.

"Some of us had to actually work to get here." You turned to the wannabe jock, who held his hands up and shook his knees mockingly.

"You know, you touch me, my daddies going to sue you into oblivion, right?" He leant against the locker with his swarm of girls flocking at his heels.

"Oh no, I have something more important to-" Out of nowhere something behind you jolted your forward, your notebooks slipped from your arms and scattered on the floor.

"Loser... Come on, let's go to the mall, this is stupid." The bully and his crew swiftly left the halls leaving you red-faced and ready to punch whoever just pushed you.

"What is your deal!?" Your sleeves rolled up your arm as you turned around, your fists balled.

"Don't hit me, I'm sorry. It was an accident." There was no bitchy cheerleader or arrogant jock behind you, just a kid who was in a few of your classes. He piled his books up on the floor and promptly began to scoop yours up.

"Miles?" He nodded as you knelt beside him and helped to scoop up the last few sheets of note filled paper.

"Yeah, Y/n right? I wasn't really watching where I was going, my bad." The books seemed to stick to his hand as he plucked them from the floor.

"Don't worry, I thought you were just one of these pretentious jerks out here to fuck with me." He had a bit of a reputation as the goofball of the class, but you had always been unable to pull your eyes away from him.

"Pfft, little old me?" He helped you stand up and passed you over your books. "I know better than that, I've got a bit of a reputation with my dad being police and whatever. I'm pretty sure you could kick my ass in a fight though."

"Probably." You reached out your hand and pulled Miles from the floor.

~*~

Written by Aaron.