Mary Jane Watson- Compound (a)

It wasn't like you enjoyed the thought of having a sable mercenary blasting a hole through your head, but Peter needed the information to help build his arsenal of Dragon's Breath information and whilst he was busy, it wouldn't be too hard for you to sneak in one of their outposts. You saw the table, a crisp blueprint lay across it, the curled corners held down with rocks and knew that was what Peter needed. You waited for the line to be clear of armour clad mercs, hopped over the barrier and ran across the road, praying that there would be no prying eyes as you pulled out your camera.

You lined the schematics up, a blurry picture would be as good as no picture and if you were risking your life, you weren't going to mess it up. Your trembling finger sat on the camera's trigger, the button dampened but before you could snap the evidence, something rammed into your side and sent you tumbling over. Your heart dropped, this would be it, it would hopefully be over quickly, you closed your eyes and waited, but you were only met with apologies.

"MJ?" you called out with a hushed voice. "What are you doing here? I thought Peter asked you to scope out the Central Park outpost for the doctor?" MJ dropped to her knees at the arrival of a truck's headlights, you followed suit and pressed your back against a stack of boxes.

"Shit. Did you get the photo?"

"Well I tried to, but somebody tackled me and almost gave me a damn heart attack. Remind me to change my pants when we get out of here... if we get out of here." She popped her head up and snapped a quick photo of the blueprints.

"Count yourself lucky it was me and not one of them... silver linings and all?" The truck slowly crept past you, MJ's eyes widened as she darted over to it, pulling you along as she did. "At least we got what we needed."

"Don't worry, I won't crash your party at Central Park. You know we will get through this, right? Between me, you and Peter these guys don't stand a chance. Peter always manages to save the city."

Once the exit was in sight you peeled from the truck and ran through the small gap in the fence with MJ taking the lead.

"I can't lie, sometimes I wish I had normal friends."

~*~

Written by Aaron.