Wanda Maximoff- Doubt (c)

As you were about to follow the rest of the team out to the battle, you noticed Wanda still sat in the corner with a paling face. Even though you knew you were needed out in the fight, so was Wanda, so you weren't going to leave her there.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

Your words made her jump, having been lost within her own thoughts rather than paying attention to everything that was going on around her.

"Nothing," she lied.

"You not joining us on the battlefield?" You questioned.

She shook her head. "I don't think I can."

Wanda was one of the most powerful members on the team and honestly without her, you weren't sure if the battle would come out on your side. Even if she had more power than most of your team combined, she also held more doubts than the rest.

"Why?"

"I can't control my power," she whispered. "I'll just end up hurting our side. I'm not strong enough to make a positive difference. I should just go home; I'm not going to be able to do anything."

You shook your head. "Strength is all about believing, Wanda."

She looked up at you, confused by your words, expecting you to agree with her as she assumed the world thought she was a failure and unable to fight for good. Even though she was new to using her powers with control, she had potential.

"We were all in your boots once. None of us knew how to use our powers or weapons, but we put the work in and now we are in charge of keeping the world safe from evil. Even with years of training, none of us can do what you can. You just need to believe in yourself because that is the only thing stopping you."

A weak smile curled onto her lips. "Do you really believe I can be part of the team?"

You nodded your head, playfully slapping her shoulder.

"You already are part of the team. The only problem is, they are all out there and we're in here. Once you're out there with everyone, you won't even remember not feeling like your part of it."

Wanda rose from her seat, offering you a gentle smile. "Thank you, Y/N, I'm sorry for doubting myself."

"Don't be sorry. We all doubt ourselves, but we need to help the fight, or we'll have more problems than self-doubt."

"Let's go."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.