Thor Odinson- Home (a)

Thor hadn't been on Earth for long, but he was slowly adjusting to the life and customs of you and your kind. You had met him not long after he appeared and you took him into your home as sanctuary, now a few months later you had decided to find a cheap place to rent together.

"Not quite as spacious as I'm used to, it will do the job though." Thor slumped his duffel bag of belongings onto the freshly carpeted floor and strolled through the hallway of your new home. He took your hand softly in his and led you through the mostly barren rooms so the two of you could admire your very own humble abode.

"You may be royalty on Asgard but as far as most people here know you're just another, non thunder wielding average Joe. As such, your luxurious palace has been traded in for a two bedroom apartment in New York City." Without asking he took the suitcase from your grip and lay it where the bed would be.

"Are you sure I just can't go and get the furniture from your old home and fly it over? I could probably do it in one trip." He wrapped the leather hoop of Mjolnir around his wrist and spun it in between his hands.

"It'll be here tomorrow stop rushing. We have something to sit on and we'll get take out tonight."

"Well we could have everything, including a nice bed instead of sleeping on the floor. Doesn't this place have a certain pest problem?" He unzipped the suitcase and took the contents easily in his large hands before realising they would just end up on the barren floor.

"No, there aren't any pest issues here. Look, I've already paid way too much for a moving van and I don't want you flying around and starting rumours spreading. That's the last thing we need right now."

"I'm sorry." He dropped the clothes back into the case and took you in his arms. "This whole buying a place is a lot harder down here. Where do you want to get dinner from? It's cold, I'll go and pick it up." You giggled as he brushed his nose softly against yours, the bristles of his upper lip tickled your lips.

"I don't know, Chinese food or something? I really have no clue what's around here."

"Chinese sounds good, as long as we don't have to cook. You know normally I would prepare a feast fit for Odin himself but tonight I don't have the energy to make toast."

~*~

Written by Aaron.