Tony Stark- Hospital (a)

You never expected a surgical table to be so cold, but, with a neck injury and a large gash stretching across your body it was the last of your troubles. Doctors and surgeons peered over the bed, telling you boundless information about your condition but none of it went in, all the noise just turned into a constant whining and everything in front of you merged into simply coloured blobs.

"Where is she?" Through the screeching you heard Tony, as clear as you ever did, padded restraints held your head in place, pushing against your forehead as you tried to find him. You heard him repeatedly, begging the staff to tell him where you were but being met with only pleads of calmness. "He's over here." Steve ran over to drag Tony to your table, he burst through the endless waves of hospital staff. Even he was no more than a haze, his voice clear as day but his face morphed unrecognisably, you could only tell it was him from his facial hair splattered against his complexion.

"I'm sorry." Tony raised his hand to Steve's chest and told him that it was okay and not his fault, he tried to argue but soon realised this was neither the time or the place.

"What happened?" Tony asked, surprisingly calm as his finger interlaced with your blood-stained hand.

"One minute we have the upper hand and the next minute... I don't even know, I looked over and Y/N was on the floor." The doctor whispered something into Tony's ear and along with Steve, the medical staff left.

"The doctor told me you're going to be okay." It wasn't a quick process but slowly your eyes refocused, Tony's attention shifted between you and the beeping vital machine hooked up to your body. "I believe them, you should too."

"I don't know." Every word was agony. "Don't blame Steve."

"I know." He grasped your hand tightly and gently ran his fingers through your matted hair. "I'm sorry." He brushed a rogue strand of hair from your face and tried his best to wipe some of the tears that puddled on your face.

"What for?"

"Our argument." Shame seemed to fill him, his hand stayed strong but his head fell to the floor.

"We argue all the time, you don't have to be sorry."

"I told you 'Go and die for all I care'. I know you'll be okay, but I can never forgive myself for this." Your arms lay by your side almost numb, with all of your strength you raised your hand and brushed it against his course stubble.

"I know you didn't mean it." You whispered, Tony found it hard to smile but he managed to find one buried deeply. "Now come on, I'm dying for a drink or something."

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.