Clint Barton- Knife (c)

Clint was meant to be back from his mission today and seen as you worked at SHIELD too, you decided to meet him there. When you went to find where he was, you were directed to the medical bay, which wasn't an unusual place for Clint to be. Even when he was meant to just be doing paperwork, he would end up in the medical bay somehow- he was terribly prone to injury. You assumed he was just a little beaten up from the mission but when you found him, he was far worse off than you imagined.

He was lying in a bed with one of the doctors working on him. As soon as Clint saw you, he gave you a cheesy grin that would make you imagine that he wasn't nearly as badly injured as he actually was.

"Hey, Sweetie," he smiled, opening his arms for you to hug him even though there would be something in the way that would affect that.

"There's a knife," you stated, pointing at him.

"Yes," he said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"In your chest!" You shouted.

Normally people with a knife in their chest wouldn't be looking for a hug nor would be smiling but Clint wasn't even remotely normal. He was a pain in the arse but currently, you were beyond concerned that for him as having a knife in your chest was very rarely a good thing.

"Yes."

"Oh my God-" You continued in a loud tone but he stopped you.

"Oh please!" He frowned, rolling his eyes. "I'm the one who is supposed to go into shock, not you!"

The doctor gave you a pitiful look. "He's been like this since he got here. It's not fatal clearly, but we should be able to get it removed soon but we are just trying to make sure we don't accidentally kill him."

"Can you not just take the chance?" You said, glaring at Clint as he was going to make you go crazy.

Clint feigned offence, almost hitting the knife as he moved to place a hand to his chest. Quickly he continued to smile at you, enjoying the reaction he got out of you with the crazy antics he got into.

"You're going to be the death of me Clint," you frowned. "You really shouldn't be so calm about this, it's a knife in your chest."

He nodded his head. "Only one of us can lose our mind at a time and you seem to have taken that slot."

"You're an idiot," you stated. "But I love you."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.