Natasha Romanoff- Tapir (a)

Aromas of sugary snacks and animal dung swirled throughout the air, swarms of children ran underneath the flies bumping into you and Natasha oblivious to their parent's beckoning.

It can only be a zoo.

"This is horrible." She scorned and scowled, shielding her eyes from the midsummer sun and just wishing that she was pretty much anywhere else in the world whilst you tried your best to plot out your route for the day.

"Just give it a chance okay?" She groaned and joined you, staring over your shoulder at the cartoonish depictions of the different wildlife, all of which she had probably seen through her years travelling around the globe, but you had never been to one on a date.

"We have the whole day here, where do you want to go first?" You asked, pointing out the myriad of amazing creatures that you would hopefully be able to explore throughout the day.

"Home." You looked back at her, her face not cracking, not even a hint of a smile.

"Ignore the kids." You told her, knowing how hard it was as there seemed to be an endless tsunami of them constantly looping around the plaza. "I'm sure we can find something to match you. A fierce fighter, ginger, probably a bit moody... want go to and see the tigers?" She sarcastically laughed and stood with her arms crossed. "Or would you rather go and walk through the butterfly tunnel?"

"No, come on." She grabbed onto your arm, striding over to whatever enclosure was the closest, presumably to just get one of many out of the way.

"What's the matter?" You asked her, stopping her in the middle of the walkway a few feet away from the partition. "You aren't scared of a few little butterflies, are you?"

"Just leave it. Look, it's a camel or whatever get the camera take some pictures." She looked down at the very clear sign that stated that it was a Tapir, she tried to lean over the sign before realising that you probably knew that the floppy nosed, hump-less creature in front of you was in fact, not a camel.

"Of all of the animals in here, all of the things that you have been through you're scared of butterflies?"

She ignored you, staring out at the trotting tapir and she seemed to enjoy watching it run its nose along the floor.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anybody, and I wont taunt you about it anymore. She smiled and allowed you to lead her along to whatever was around the corner.

"Don't worry, you won't get a chance to."

~*~

Written by Aaron.