Natasha Romanoff- Soul Stone (c)

"You're not going to die!" Natasha groaned as she used all of her strength to keep hold of your hand and not allow herself to fall with you.

"It's okay Nat," you smiled weakly. "It'll all be okay."

"You can't die."

The team had split up to gather all of the infinity stones, you and your girlfriend Natasha had been sent to get the soul stone from Vormir. Neither of you knew what was necessary to gain it and you never thought that one of you would need to die for you to be able to get it. It was a sacrifice, but it was worth it, knowing that you were saving everyone you loved including the one whom you were with.

Both of you wanted to be the sacrifice, wanting the other to live, but after a fight, you had been the one to fall over the cliff. Natasha had caught you just in time and was now refusing to let you go.

"You have a family, you have people who love you, you need to live," she croaked, her tears choking her.

"So, do you Nat," you smiled weakly. "I wish we could do this another way, but it isn't possible. You may not have had a family and felt like you were alone but now you have a family. The avengers are your family and they need you."

"They need you too."

You gave her a weak smile, not sure what else you could do to comfort her but one of you needed to die to get the soul stone, and you weren't going to let it be her. Your death would hurt her, but she would recover, if she died then that was the end.

"I love you Natasha. You need to let go. I want this, I want to know that you are safe and have the team back together. It is going to be okay," you assured her.

Of course, you wished you didn't have to die but if it was between you and Natasha, you would die several times over.

"Please Y/N," she begged. "Please."

"I promise it is going to be okay," you smiled. "I love you. I love you so much."

"I love you too," she whispered.

Her hand begun to slip, so you took your chance to make sure that she stayed safe and shook your body so that it was hard her for her to hold on. Although you knew with all of her might, she was trying her best to keep ahold of you, she let go. With one last weak smile, you fell into the abyss, the only thing on your mind was that Natasha would now live.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request