Tony Stark- Father: Part 1 (c)

You doubted that you'd be happily married to Tony Stark who was one of the best-known playboys in the world. Even though you loved him, you doubted that your relationship would have lasted long but several years into being together you were married and happier than ever. Now you didn't know how much longer you were going to be completely happy together.

Tony was in his workshop as he was most of the time when you nervously approached him, terrified to tell him what was actually going on. You stood in the doorway for longer than you'd like to admit until you cleared your voice to allow Tony to know you were there. He rolled out from under the car that he had been working on with a loving smile on his face. He made his way over to you, wrapping his arms around you as he pressed his lips to yours.

"What do I owe this pleasure?" He smiled down on you. "I thought you were in bed."

You hadn't gone to work for the past couple of days due to feeling under the weather and being unable to keep anything down. You had been to the doctors and today they phoned you back with the results. It certainly wasn't what you had expected.

"I got a phone call from the doctor's," you started.

Tony let go of you looking rather concerned. "What'd they say?"

"Um..." you sighed, nervous as to what his reaction would be when you told him. "They said that I am pregnant."

His face dropped. You didn't know everything that was going through his head, but you certainly didn't like his expression. You never saw him uncertain but now he was confused and didn't have an answer which was even worse than any expression you'd ever seen.

"Tony," you whispered, hoping that your voice would snap him out of his thoughts.

Tony snapped his eyes back up to yours as he shook his head.

"I'm not ready to be a dad," he stated.

"You are, Tony," you smiled weakly.

You knew he was always nervous about ever becoming a father due to how his father had acted throughout his childhood. You wanted to assure him that he would do great, but you knew it would never be that easy. He was insecure, even if he never wanted to admit such a thing and you wanted to help him. He wasn't his father and he was significantly more prepared to be a parent than his father ever was.

"I need time to think," he said, avoiding looking at you as he made his way past you to the stairs.

You tried to call out to him but to no avail.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by