Michelle Jones- Pride (c)

Pride parades were one of your favourite things in the world. Of course, there were always people who tried to ruin that but for the most part everyone was happy and came together for a good day supporting each other. You'd gone to your local pride parade every year, but as you were visiting your cousin Peter in New York, you were going to the parade there.

He headed out earlier than you, whilst you took your time getting ready. You had coated yourself head to toe in rainbow attire, from your rainbow underwear to your intricately painted rainbow lipstick you had done your best to be the embodiment of the gay pride flag. Once you were ready you headed down to where you had arranged to meet your cousin.

The streets were crowded but as soon as you weren't too far away you could see Peter's brightly coloured shirt amongst the sea of equally bright clothing.

"Peter," you smiled, wrapping an arm around your cousin, happy to be taking him to his first pride.

"Hey Y/N, you look... erm... colourful," he laughed.

"Thank you."

You noticed a woman about your and Peter's age stood in front of him, clearly having been in the middle of a conversation with your cousin before you turned up. Peter saw you notice the woman and realised that he hadn't introduced you.

"Oh... um... Y/N, this is MJ she goes to my school. MJ this is my cousin Y/N, she's staying with us for a couple of weeks," he explained.

You gave her a warm smile, but she just nodded in your direction, acknowledging you. Everyone in eye sight was dressed in bright colours, some far more flamboyant than you, some in just brightly coloured t-shirts or with a badge showing their support of the parade. MJ on the other hand seemed to have missed the memo. She was dressed in various shades of grey, no actual colour anywhere.

"Are you here for pride?" You asked.

She nodded her head. "Yeah, it's my first one."

"You're going to love it. Peter's never been either, I made him buy his shirt," you stated pointing to the rather cheap rainbow shirt that your cousin wore.

"You are rather drably dressed," Peter commented.

She shrugged her shoulders, not caring much about it.

"I can change that," you smiled.

You unwrapped your scarf from around your neck, draping it over MJ's shoulders. You quickly thought to see what else from your outfit you could transfer to her to make her brightly coloured like everyone else around you. Deciding to take a gambit, you leaned in to press your lips to her cheek, so that your lip mark was left there.

"Perfect," you grinned.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Requested by