Maria Hill- Lesbian (c)

"What are you wearing?"

"A plaid shirt?"

You and Maria had worked together at SHIELD for the last few years and had always gotten along terribly well. You finally plucked up the courage and invited her out on a date, well invited her over for a drink, hoping it would become a date. She arrived on time, but she didn't look how she normally did. On a couple of occasions, you had bumped into her outside of work, but she still wore dark skin-tight clothing that resembled her uniform, her hair tied up in a ponytail. Today she looked completely different.

Normally she looked professional and quite uptight but now she actually looked happy and relaxed. She had a top on advertising some band you had never hear of, a red plaid shirt over the top and some ripped skinny jeans. It was a completely different look, especially with her dark hair loose down to her shoulders.

"I thought your uniform was like an extra layer of skin," you joked.

She shot you a glare. "I can wear other things too, thank you very much. I just thought I'd fit the stereotype."

You cocked an eyebrow at her, slightly confused. "Stereotype?"

"Lesbian."

You nodded your head realising. Frankly you hoped she didn't look in your wardrobe as you conformed to that stereotype too much really. Even though it was an odd thing to see, she was beautiful no matter what she wore, and it turned out this casual look really worked for her.

"Well it suits you," you smiled softly, trying not to embarrass yourself with over complimenting her how you wished to.

"What, the shirt or being a lesbian?" She laughed entering your apartment.

"Both, I guess," you chuckled. "Certainly, being a lesbian suits you more than me, I've never been able to get a girlfriend, every woman I like ends up straight or disliking me."

Maria shook her head at you. "Don't be stupid. I like you."

You paused. She liked you? Since when? Why? There were so many questions that swirled in your mind. You had no idea that she had any interest in you and you had no idea that she knew that you liked her.

"You like me?" You squeaked. "How'd you know if I like you?"

Maria rolled her eyes. "You're terribly obvious. This is a date isn't it? You made it pretty clear without using the word."

A blush curled up onto your cheeks as you looked at her. You didn't realise that you were that obvious, but you guessed it worked in your favour as she was here in your apartment and it was a date, even if you were too scared to tell her.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.