Susan Storm- Laboratory (c)

Since you had been working by Susan's side, you had struggled to keep your mind straight. Normally you rarely got to see her, but she had noticed your work in the laboratories and wanted to work closely with you on a project she had planned to start. Of course, you agreed but now you were pretty sure that she regretted her decision as you weren't able to prove how good you were at your job. Normally you were very organised and strongly focused on your job however it wasn't seeming that way currently.

You had always had an eye for Susan, but you didn't realise how much of a blithering idiot you became around people you liked. Every time she came close to you, you would lose your ability to speak or function at all. Over the last couple of days that you had been working together on your experiment, you had dropped multiple things and broken them along with also just speaking like a mad woman. If you had been optimistic of the fact that she hadn't paid attention, it all had disappeared by now as you were certain she couldn't have ignored the several smashed beakers and the freshly burnt hole in the table.

Susan had accidentally brushed your arm and it led to another glass reciprocal falling to the floor and shattering. Both of you jumped at the shattering before you let out a sigh of annoyance. You went to bend down to clean up your mess, but Susan grabbed your arm and stopped you.

"What's going on with you?" She asked. "You are one of the best at this job but since you came onto this project, you've managed to break nearly every item in my lab."

You tried to brush it off, but it wasn't going to go away that easily.

"Please just tell me what is going on?" Susan questioned.

"I can't stop thinking about you," you said quietly, hoping that she wouldn't hear you but the change in her expression proved you wrong. "I like you a lot and I feel like a fool for it."

She smiled pleasantly at you, rubbing her hand comfortingly on your arm.

"You shouldn't feel like a fool," she smiled reassuringly. "Because I quite like you a lot too."

"Really?"

Susan nodded her head. "I don't want that to get in the way of this project. So, if you're able to keep your head straight in the lab, we could maybe go for a drink after work and talk about it a bit more?"

"I'd like that a lot."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.