Charles Xavier- Darkness (c)

When all the lights in the mansion turned off along with every appliance in the building, you could only assume that the power had cut off leaving you in the darkness of the winter evening. Hank had shouted out to say that he had gone to check the fuses and see if he could get any power back but seen as no one was able to see a thing you doubted that he would be getting too far. You weren't a massive fan of the dark so as soon as you were left alone in it you couldn't help but cry out for your boyfriend who was somewhere in the building.

"Charles," you screeched, hoping he would say he was in the room next to yours.

"Y/N, I am in my office," he called back.

His voice was distant due to the fact he was a fair distance away from you in the large house.

"I'm scared," you said trying to stay strong and not lose yourself to tears.

It's okay.

It was Charles' voice, but it wasn't coming from far away, on the contrary, he was inside of your head. He had done it once or twice when he had your permission, but this was somewhat an emergency, so you weren't going to hold it against him.

I'm with you, I'll guide you to me.

You followed his orders, walking through the dark corridor until you were able to reach the only room with a fraction of light still in it. It wasn't overly bright, but several candles were lit on different surfaces allowing you to see Charles sat in his wheelchair. You rushed to him as soon as you were able to see him, pulling him into a hug, needing the comfort of his company.

"You did so well, my love," he smiled, kissing your cheek. "Hank should get the power on soon but until then we have candles to give us light. Would you like to stay here with me?"

You nodded your head repeatedly, not wishing to have to brave the darkness alone again.

"The candlelight is almost romantic," he chuckled, taking your hand within his, making sure that you knew he was there to protect you regardless of what you were fearful of.

"Anytime with you is romantic," you said, finally calming down from your fear of the dark now that you had the gentle flicker of flames around the room atop candles.

"Then lets make the most of it."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.