Okoye- Recruit (a)

"You come to Wakanda a stranger, what makes you think that you have what it takes to join the Dora Milaje?" Okoye's piercing spear tip reflected the Wakandan sun into your eyes, but you stood stoic as she ran her eyes up and down, trying to figure you out.

"I have an extensive military career both for my country and for SHIELD, I think I have what it takes." Okoye smirked, planted her spear deeply into the dry ground of the training pits and scanned up your body until your eyes locked.

She ran her hands down the spear, hooked the back of your legs before you could react and sent you tumbling to the sand.

"You may have a military career." She looked down at you, the tip of the vibranium weapon now resting just underneath your chin. "But you do not have a Wakandan military career." Her spear found itself implanted back into the sand and her arms crossed over one another. "Do you still wish to continue?" She was little but a disgruntled silhouette against the sun.

"Don't think that you can put me off with a cheap shot like that." You tried to get up off the scorching sands but she pushed you back down.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you not prepared? Did I not give you a countdown? Do you want me to tell the enemy to give you a warning when they are about to attack?" Once again you tried to get up but she would not allow it. "I do not know much about the training they offer in whatever military you came from. But you do not stand up until I have told you to."

She stood over you, a very disappointed grimace plastered over her face.

"I do not let anybody into my army, my kings guard. You think that just because you managed to make it this long, you have the right to fight for my king? You have not earned the honour to talk to my king."

This time you hooked your legs around her ankle with a quick motion, brought her to the floor and arose. During the fall she knocked over the spear, whilst on the floor she reached out her hand but you firmly placed your foot onto her wrist, preventing her from grabbing it.

"What is the matter? Did I not give you a warning?"

"In all of my years." She tried her best to wriggle her arm free but with your spare foot you kicked the spear further away. "I have never been struck by somebody who isn't even a grunt in my eyes." She could not stop the smile from forming.

"Welcome to the Dora Milaje. I think we are going to get along."

~*~

Written by Aaron.