Valkyrie- Future (c)

When you fell in love with an ex-Valkyrie, you knew there would be struggles. She had seen so much, and her life had changed so drastically since she was fighting for the throne of Asgard. You loved her dearly and were more than willing to help her through whatever she needed to see the changes in her life even if that was taking a step back from her. You had great hope for the future but that was until she showed that she had little of the same hope.

"I can't make you happy," Valkyrie said softly. "I can never have a future with you because I will always be stuck in my past and the horrors, I have been part of."

"But you do make me happy," you smiled, taking her hand in your own.

The happiest times of your life were the times you were able to spend with the woman you loved and no matter what you knew that the future could be very bright if you were given the opportunity to try and overcome your problems in your own lives and support the other through them too.

"There can never be a future with me," she said solemnly. "All I know is hiraeth for the past and it stops me from being able to move forward. I cannot let my past ruin your chance at a promising future."

You squeezed her hand tight, letting yourself pull her closer to you before moving one hand to cup her cheek. One of Valkyrie's issues was that she failed to accept that everyone had weaknesses, including her and her main one was showing any form of them existing, creating an almost paradox between them.

"You make me the happiest I have ever been, and I know that it is going to get a whole lot better with time. I know the past wasn't bright or remotely how you wanted it to be but I know that the future holds great things for you, whether that is with me or with someone else," you smiled softly. "Don't doubt that."

"I don't want you to waste your time with me when you could have someone better."

You shook your head. "There is no one better than you because any time I spend with you is never a waste."

She couldn't help but roll her eyes and laugh at you. "You make me happy too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.