Ororo Munroe- Trust (c)

"You really want to do this?" You questioned cocking an eyebrow at her.

Ororo was your best friend but sometimes you didn't quite understand her decisions all of the time. You had known each other since you were both students at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and now you were both professors there, so your friendship had survived many years and several obstacles. No matter what you both wanted what was best for the other and sometimes that meant calling each other out on weird ideas the other hand that you didn't agree with.

"I'm certain Y/N," she stated, looking up at you from her seat.

Anxiously you gripped the seat, trying your best to not let the scissors in your hand hurt either you or Ororo whom was the occupant of the seat.

Since she joined the school, she had been growing out her bright white hair to the style she had now that led down to her mid-back. You had no preference to her hair length but she had spent a long time getting it to the current length and you knew that she liked it and personally you liked it too due to how cool it looked when using her mutation but that wasn't the point. Out of nowhere she had approached you though, asking you to chop her hair off above her shoulders, wanting a new look. It seemed rather spontaneous and if this was the decision she wanted to make, then you would support and help her, but you needed to make sure as it would be a fair while until it would grow back.

"There's no turning back," you reminded her, not wishing for her to regret her decision.

"I'm not an idiot," she frowned. "Just cut my damn hair or I'll find someone else to do it."

You let out a sigh, seeming to believe that you had gotten her final decision. Lifting the scissors, you got one section of her hair and trailed your fingers up to where you needed to cut. With one deep breath you allowed your fingers to move together, closing the blades together cutting off her hair. Long white hair fell upon your feet leaving a gap in her hair meaning there was no turning back now. Continuing around her hair you cut it all up to the same length letting the shortness of it stick up at different angels. You weren't sure if this was what she wanted so braced yourself for when you showed her it in the mirror.

Luckily she jumped up from her seat and wrapped you in a bone crushing hug, glad to have her best friend help her make a drastic appearance change.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.