Bucky Barnes- Love (c)

You never wanted to have to say goodbye to the man you loved but especially not if it was sending him to a different continent to fight in a war. You'd never told Bucky how much you cared for him, staying happily as his friend, preferring to have him close to you rather than losing him by admitting how you felt but now it was different. Although it hurt you, you had begun to push him away, hoping that if he hated you then you wouldn't be hurt as bad by him leaving to fight in a war nor if something terrible happened to him. You hoped that he wouldn't notice that you were pushing him away but alas, he did.

With only a day left before he was deployed, he approached you, not wanting to leave one of his best friends on a bad term.

"Why are you pushing me away, Y/N?" He questioned, a pained expression on his face, something that you wished that you would never have to see.

"I'm not," you lied.

He cocked an eyebrow at you. "You've barely spoken to me in weeks, I'm sorry if I've done anything to upset you but I can't go to war and leave you here if you hate me."

"I could never hate you Bucky, it's the complete opposite actually."

You regretted your words, especially when he asked you about what was going on and what you meant by it. You took a deep breath, realising that you had to get it together and admit what you had buried deep down for such a long time.

"I didn't want to lose you Buck. I didn't want to lose you because I'm in love with you and I'm terrified. I'm scared that something is going to happen to you and then I'm not going to be able to tell you anything."

Bucky let out a deep chuckle, pulling you too him in a tight hug, a warm embrace that you had longed for since you had last spoken to him properly.

"You're such an idiot," he laughed. "But so am I."

He didn't let you say anything in response before he caught your lips with his, shocking you but reassuring you deeply that he felt the same way that you felt about him.

"I have to go to war but I promise you, doll, when I get back- and I will be back- I will make sure our future is as bright as possible because I've loved you since I first set eyes on you."

You didn't know what to say in response so instead buried your head in his uniformed chest, happily curling into another embrace.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.