Peter Quill- Cockpit (a)

With carefully placed feet, you and Peter made your way through the metal grated corridors of the Milano. You both knew if you were to make any noise your night of peace and tranquillity would be completely ruined. Sure, you probably could have made noise after passing the sleeping quarters, but, you couldn't bring yourself to risk it.

"Shh." Peter mouthed as the partially rusted steel grid croaked under your feet. After making sure the groan had not disturbed any of the other guardians, you emerged into the cockpit and pulled the doors slowly together until an almost silent click ensured your temporary separation from the rest of the group. "Finally." He spoke for what felt like the first time in weeks as he dropped the case of amber bottles gently on the command console.

"We really need to find a better way of grabbing two minutes of piece around here." After supressing your voice for so long you weren't even one hundred percent sure it still worked. Hopping from planet to planet was an exciting life, and one that you had always wished for, but it made it impossible for you and Peter to have any time away from the rest of the crew.

"We could always just jump off the ship, air swim to the nearest planet and start a new life there?" He leant back in the pilot's chair and spun the cap from the bottle. "Come here." He pulled the closest chair to him and uncapped a second bottle just for you.

You eagerly accepted and joined him stargazing, your feet quickly found you way on the console and the cool alcohol didn't struggle making its way to your lips.

"More time like this would be nice." He took a large swig from the bottle and lay his arm over your shoulder, pulling you in close. "You know the guys though, there's no way we can have any time like this with them here though."

For those few moments you didn't have to worry about all of the struggles in the wide, wide universe. It was just a time for enjoying Peter's company and staring out into the vast, ever reaching void of the universe.

"I'm sure they'll be fine with us just asking an hour or two alone. It's like having kids, we can just drop them off to play somewhere whilst we have some us time."

"Or, we treat them how we actually are. We find a bounty that even they couldn't mess up and we come pick them and the reward up later."

~*~

Written by Aaron.