Scott Lang- Scrap (a)

Five years... five fucking years, you thought to yourself as you hopped around the derelict scrap piles, peering into the already ransacked vehicles for anything that could prove useful. A handful of rusted bolts and screws flew from your hand and hailed down upon the corroded chassis, the clanging of metal clashing against metal almost hid the orchestra of rats and other vermin scurrying from the thousands of nooks and crannies that sat all over, hidden from view.

"Who was that?" An almost trembling voice called out from the desolate dark once the sound of tiny claws scratching on the concrete had conceded. "This is private property." You could see a feint shadow ducking and diving between the cars, doing his best to stay out of view.

"Don't worry, I'm here looking for junk to sell, just trying to survive like everyone else, you know?"

"Survive?" He straightened himself, you could see him more clearly as his face basked in the suns rays. "I know San Francisco can be a bit rough but I think survive might me a little bit of an exaggeration." Now slightly more confident he walked forward until his face was alight by the sun. "Besides, even if it was true survival don't you think it's a bit rude to be skulking through other people's storage units?"

"These things have been here for a while." A rusted pipe found your hand and only a light tap against a car door sent a deep rumble throughout the otherwise silent shop. "I don't think people are going to mind."

"A while? I put my van in here like... five or six hours ago max. Stay away from other peoples stuff."

"I've been here for five or six hours, your van's been here for like five years, I go past this place every day." His face twisted and dropped before forming into a confused smirk.

"Where's the cameras?" He looked around, smiling and laughing whilst trying to convince you and possibly himself that hidden cameras littered the view. "Come on... what is this? Pranked or something?"

"Does what happened seem like a joke to you?" His demeanor changed as you became more and more serious.

"I've been... preoccupied for a few hours did something happen?"

"Yeah... something big happened remember? Thanos? The Avengers? Half the universe dispersed into ash."

"Real funny dude." He chuckled to himself as he turned around, walking into a world he had no idea had changed.

~*~

Written by Aaron.