Carol Danvers- Goose (c)

You had been in your shared bedroom wrapping Christmas presents when Carol called you into the living room. You weren't too impressed as there was only a couple of days left before Christmas and you had barely started wrapping any presents, let alone decorating the house for when your friends were coming over. Nick was currently away for work, so you and Carol were watching Goose until Christmas Day when he would be visiting the two of you and picking up Maria and Monica on the way. It would be a friends Christmas and you wanted to make it as magical as you could for Monica along with all of the adults who would be there.

Begrudgingly you made your way to the lounge and as soon as you walked in, you didn't regret it for a second. Carol was meant to be putting up the Christmas tree but most of it was still scattered around the room, baubles and tinsel still in boxes and not anywhere near ready to be called a Christmas home. Even though that wasn't done, you could see what Carol had been up to instead of decorating.

In her arms was the ginger cat that the two of you were caring for but most of his fur was covered in a jumper that had been made out of an old Christmas stocking that you assumed Carol had cut up.

A squeal escaped you as you saw the cat whose face looked beyond amused but he wasn't fighting the outfit he was give.

"Oh my God, Goose has an ugly jumper! My life is complete!" You grinned, leaning down to pet his head. "You look adorable."

"He didn't enjoy getting it put on him but he's not trying to take it off," Carol shrugged.

She let go of the cat and he wandered off to the sofa to curl up and sleep in his new sweater.

"Well it suits him, even if you used him as an excuse to not put up the tree. We only have a couple of days left before Christmas and we can't have Christmas without a tree. I've been begging you to help me put it up since Halloween."

Carol rolled her eyes at you. "I'll do it now. I promise. But you might have to help me decorate it as you always complain about the distribution of baubles."

"Just call for me when you need me, and don't decorate Goose, he'll attack you and I'll laugh," you warned her.

"I can take a flerken," she said glaring at the cat who was sound asleep now.

"Well let's not see if you can."

With that you left Carol, trusting her that she would actually put up the tree whilst you went back to wrapping presents.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.