T'Challa- Words (a)

"The world-famous Black Panther, eh?" You grabbed onto T'Challa's outstretched hand, he pulled you inwards and wrapped his other arm around you.

"Protecting the world is a bit of a step up from Wakanda?"

"It is a little more stressful but with such an amazing team at my side I can not fail."

"To be honest I have never seen you shy away from the limelight and actually let somebody else talk for five minutes." He led you through the hustle and bustle of the marketplace and up through to his humble palace, the imposing Dora Milaje security pulled their spears apart, allowing safe passage.

"How does Mr. Panther cope with his new and improved workload? Must be hard for just the one man." T'Challa shook his head in disagreement as he made his way to the throne room.

"Don't tell me that secretly the black panther has actually been a gang of black panthers this whole time!?"

"No... no." He chuckled loudly at your comment, the laugh echoing through the chambers of the palace. "But there is more than one of us."

You tilted your head at him, trying to figure out what he was talking about.

"The Black Panther is so much more than me, it is so much more than a person."

"Don't try and be deep with me, we've known each other since we were kids, I know that you're not that smart." He laughed again, nudging you in the arm and trying his best to argue with you.

"Come on, I'm being serious." You help your hands up and apologised, telling him that you were ready to listen to him. "Anybody that is willing to fight for the people who cannot fight for themselves has what it takes to be the Black Panther."

"Everything except for those magical-ass heart flowers that make you super strong and super-fast?"

"It's more than that. It's not about beating up the big bad guy and saving the world. All I do is stand up for the little guy. The Black Panther is more than a name or a title, it's more than words. It is who you are."

You nodded along with him, slowly realising how much this meant to him and how strongly he cared about making the world a better place.

"I know how much you do to help people." He smiled and rested his hand on your shoulder. "It is my job as the leader of these people, which is why when other people do it, it's so much more impressive."

~*~

Written by Aaron.