Clint Barton- Ronin (c)

You didn't need to put a tracker on him, the trails of bodies that he left behind did that job for you. Even though you had other work to do, you couldn't just abandon him and leave him in the mess that he had fallen into. However, you couldn't just intervene, by the time you knew how bad things had gotten for him, he was already too far gone to just pull him back, you were going to have to fight to bring him back to you.

Although days off were few and far between seen as there was half the avengers left and they needed to do ten times the amount of jobs, but you'd managed to get a week without work taking up all your time. You jumped on a plane and headed to London where the latest bodies had been found and with a large gang having become prevalent there, you guessed he would be there still.

You couldn't just walk about to him and have a chat; he would flee rather than talk to you, so you needed to make him help. Not being able to wear your usual fighting attire, as he would know who you were, you had to make do with what you had. You stuck with your normal street clothes, using the hood of your jacket and a scarf to cover most of your face; the darkness of the evening assisting the matter greatly.

Knowing where the gang leader was expected to be, you kept watch in a dark alley until you saw him and a couple of other men walking together. Before you had time to think, a hooded figure had joined them, his sword slicing through one of them.

That's when you saw your chance, jumping out of hiding and striking the hooded man. He took his attention away from the gang members, you being his new enemy. Both of you were successful fighters, taking more hits as you threw others out. You swiped at his legs, knocking him down onto the floor but as he went down, he grasped hold of the fabric concealing your face, revealing your identity to him. He paused, vulnerability covering his face, something you hadn't seen in a long while.

"Y/N," he whispered.

You tried to offer him a smile but seen as you hadn't seen him in over four years and knew of all the pain, he had caused others, whilst you were also straddling him, it was hard.

"Hey Clint," you said, still on top of him.

Although once upon a time you were close friends and he was the closest person to you, now he was unpredictable, and you couldn't risk him fleeing. You knew he wouldn't hurt you, but he would try to run and that wasn't going to work out. It tore you up to see someone who had once been such a happy and hopeful person become this. You wished that you had stepped in sooner but now all you could do was try and bring him back to humanity and offer him his old life even if he felt as though it wasn't worth it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.