Hope Van Dyne- Pebble (c)

Although on a subconscious level, you knew you sounded like an idiot, it had never been at the forefront of your mind how peculiar you would sound when stood in your doorway shouted to your cat. With the evening coming in, you needed to get your cat to come home for his dinner and for your peace of mind as you could never sleep if he hadn't come home.

Your dinner was in the oven and your girlfriend was expected to be there any minute, but your cat seemingly forgot that he was meant to be there too. You had already sorted out his dinner dish and were just now waiting for him to be there to eat. Rarely did he miss a meal, rather guided in life by food but this time he didn't come when you called his name nor did he come when you shook his favourite treats, leaving you stood in your front door shaking the bag of treats and continuing to call his name.

"Pebble," You shouted. "Pebble."

You heard laughter as you noticed your girlfriend turn down your pathway to your front door. Hope had a smile upon her face, clearly amused by you shouting what seemed to be a random word. You seized your shouting, glad to see Hope and also not wanting to just scream your cats name at her but knew you would have to continue once she entered your home unless your pet decided to appear.

"You know you have lots of stones in your garden, you don't have to scream at them," she joked.

Shooting her a disapproving look, you pulled her into a hug as she reached you. "You're hilarious."

"I know," she smiled. "I'm assuming you've not just lost the plot but are calling out for Pebble, the cat."

"He hasn't come home for dinner and he pretty much never misses his dinner," you said, a worried tone to your voice as you tried to search your front yard in case he had appeared.

Hope offered you a warm smile before taking your hand, rubbing the back of your hand with her thumb.

"Well I have some good news for you," she smiled.

"What?"

"I know where pebble is," she said. "As I was getting out of my car, he jumped in and curled up on my passenger seat. I knew you'd never forgive me unless you got a picture of him like that, so I left him there."

You jumped on the spot, partially just glad to find him but also that you were now going to get a cute picture of him too. Quickly you thanked Hope before rushing off down the path to find her car, not caring that you had forgotten to put on shoes.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.