Carol Danvers- Darts (c)

Carol threw her last dart, hitting triple twenty for the third time. She spun around with a cheesy grin, throwing her arms up into the air in victory before confidentially striding to the board to pluck all three from the board with a swift movement. She used the chalk to write her new score on the board, with only 141 points left to gain compared to your score that was at least double that.

"You're going to win this game," you huffed.

She always insisted on playing darts whenever you came to the pub, but it was almost impossible for you to beat her. She had a great talent at the game, and she enjoyed being able to flaunt that whenever she could regardless of the fact that you were not a worthy opponent for her.

"You could have a comeback," she shrugged although you knew that she didn't believe that.

"You can win in this turn," you frowned. "When we go home, we need to play monopoly. I always beat you at that. My pride needs the boost."

Carol stuck up her nose at the thought, not enjoying the game as she wasn't good at it. Although you loved her dearly, you knew that she was far from humble and could be beyond competitive.

"Come on take your turn," she demanded, gesturing to the line that you would need to stand on to throw the darts.

You did as you were told, aiming for the twenty and hoping to hit the treble but all three floated off to the side, hitting the five and the one instead, hardly even improving your score. You took your darts and changed your score on the board before returning to Carol who already looked cocky.

She barely allowed you to return to her before she threw her first dart, hitting the triple twenty as she did with her previous six darts. The second soared through the air and got the triple nineteen.

"My last one needs to hit double twelve and then I win," she grinned.

As you expected, she hit her mark. With her success, Carol begun to shimmy, waving her arms in the air, glad to have won as she knew she would.

"Well done," you frowned.

You were happy for her but losing every time you played had become very disheartening.

"Thank you for playing even though you suck at it," she smiled, pressing a kiss to your lips.

"Anything for you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.