Peter Parker- Museum (a)

"Everybody get your hands in the air!" The small-time crook waved his gun around in the now deathly silent museum, tremoring hands sat in the laps of history buffs, journalists and students and unfortunately none of them seemed to be experts in the field of beating up criminals.

Clink

A small metallic object, it must have been a penny, bounced along the dirty, tiled floor before slowing down to a roll and finally coming to a stop, dancing on its edge before laying flat. The main crook nudged his subordinate towards the foreign object before turning back around to wave his firearm at you and the rest of the hostages. The man cautiously and slowly crept towards the coin, peering over his mask at the simple Lincoln printed disk. He didn't get much time to study the object, he turned his head to the side, and before he could even realise what was happening, the incredible Spider-Man had swept him in his swing and planted him firmly into the ceiling with his webbing.

You and your newfound friends tried your best to hide your amazement at the events unfolding In front of your very eyes. Spider-Man clung to the ceiling with effortless ease, pulled another copper disk from a tight pocket and gently tossed it behind you. The criminal looked around for his partner in crime, when he could not find his incapacitated friend, his gun socketed itself into his shoulder and the barrel slowly raised up to your eye height.

"I told you... Any funny business and I-" his finger slowly compressed the trigger but before he could fire Spider-Man had dove to the floor, grabbed hold of his gun and stuck it to the wall.

He looked towards you and froze, he rubbed the back of his neck but in his dazed state had opened himself up to a vicious right hook from the burly wannabe gangster, sending him back but of course he managed to regain his balance. It took very little effort for Spider-Man to wrap up the situation, dazzling you with an array of acrobatics and web slinging, cocooning the man and leaving him with little more than his head sticking out of the tenacious webbing.

"Hey guys." His voice broke and shook as he spoke, his hands undid the bindings on your wrists and knees before extending towards you, helping you up off the floor.

"Thank you, Spider-Man,!" You exclaimed, wrapping your arms around your saviour and thanking him over and over again.

"Pfft, don't worry about it, it was nothing really."

"Nothing? You saved my life!"

"Oh come on, I'm just doing what any good citizen would have." He unwillingly walked over and unbound the other hostages.

"What?" He quickly turned around to your voice. "Swung from the ceiling and stuck a dudes gun to the wall with web?"

"Yeah... Any average citizen."

~*~

Written by Aaron.