Carol Danvers- Think (c)

Over nearly a full year, you could only focus on seeing your girlfriend again and have her come back to you but now that she was here, you didn't know how you were meant to feel. As far as you knew Carol had been killed, that was all you truly could hope, not that she was in some terrible place or somewhere in pain but now you felt terrible for wanting such a thing as she was back. At first, she didn't know who she was, having lost her memories of her life as Carol Danvers, thinking she was Vers from a far-off planet. You didn't know how you were meant to cope with the woman you loved returning but not knowing who you were and as a couple of her memories came back, you felt that it would be a blessing but it made you fearful.

The two of you had spoken, Carol apologizing for the pain she was putting you through but if anything, it made you feel worse as it wasn't her fault that everything had happened. You were forced to apologise to her and seek a moment of escape, excusing yourself to stand out in the garden, out of view of the back door.

There was too much to think about and having her stood in front of you, so close, yet so far, it made your heart feel as though it was being torn from your chest. You needed a few moments to see what you really wanted and seeing Carol just made you lose control of any logical elements that were still part of you.

You didn't know how long you were stood outside but you realised it was longer than you should have as Carol had come to join you.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked. "It's too cold to be stood out her in your pyjamas."

"I just wanted to think," you whispered.

You didn't want to hurt her with your words, still loving her dearly but too nervous to tell her how you were truly thinking. Luckily for you Carol didn't want to pry, she wanted you to be happy, even with just a few memories of your love, she wanted whatever was best for you. She offered you a gentle smile before stripping off her leather jacket that had recently been returned to her. Wrapping the jacket around your shoulders, she gave your arms a gentle squeeze to reassure you.

"Well it's cold, think with my jacket on," she said. "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

Pausing for a moment you shook your head. "I'm sorry for acting like this. It's just unreal that you are back here, I never thought that I would see you again, but everything has changed so much. There is just so much I need to think about because I'm scared whatever I will decide will be wrong."

"I know I loved you once and I am seeing why, I am feeling why. Nothing you decide can make me upset with you, I just want whatever is right for you. Take your time," she smiled.

"Thank you, Carol," you whispered. "Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.