Jessica Drew- Craving (c)

You sipped on your tea as your friend fidgeted in her seat trying to find a way to sit comfortably but all of her aches and pains were stopping any position from getting comfortable.

"I can't wait until this thing is out of me," Jessica huffed, placing a hand on her heavily pregnant stomach. "Who knew having a beach ball attached to your stomach would get in the way of everything?"

You let out a gentle laugh but had never been pregnant so couldn't truly agree to that although you were more than willing to just take her word for it.

"When my sister was pregnant, she said the cravings were the worst. Her husband almost threw up every time she wanted some peculiar concoction. I must say I wasn't a fan of getting phone calls in the middle of the night to get her chocolate or pickles or a specific burger from a store five towns over," you reminisced.

"The only thing I crave is kicking arse again."

Jessica was better known to the public as Spider Woman, working hard to solve crime and apprehend any bad guys that came her way. She had continued doing this far into her pregnancy but your other best friend Carol had forced her out of the job and conceded to her focusing on being a private investigator but keeping as much of her time kept behind a desk rather than in the field. Everyone that knew her, knew that she hated not being able to fight her own battles and do good but in her choice to have her baby, she needed to think about the life growing inside of her rather than the life she wanted to live.

"Soon Jess," you assured her. "Maybe you'll prefer being a mum and won't care about getting back in the field."

She scrunched up her nose at the concept. Although you had great faith that Jessica would be a great mother, you did doubt that she'd ever be able to put Spider Woman behind her. Maybe she would be able to juggle the two worlds; you hoped that she would be able to.

"I'm sure I'll pop this little guy out and be back fighting by noon," she chuckled.

You shook her head. "You are going to be the best mum, Jess, as long as you don't get yourself killed in the process."

She shrugged her shoulders, going back to move around to try and find a comfy spot in her seat.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.