Peggy Carter- Alley: Part 1 (a)

"So, you can't tell me what you do, and you can't tell me why?" Peggy laughed and hung onto your arm as you left the dance hall.

"I told you, it's top secret. If I tell you, I'll probably have to kill you." The two of you laughed together this time but in the back of your head you weren't sure if she was serious, so you thought it best to just not ask anymore. "What do you do then?" The harsh winds picked up as you turned down an alley, Peggy hung onto her hat and tried her best to stop her dress from flying around in the gale.

"Just some office job, nothing too exciting I promise. Be careful down places like this, you come down here yourself?" She tucked herself closer into you and turned a corner which you didn't even see.

"Most nights, I've never had a problem before."

"Do you think you could handle yourself if anything did? Times are changing, people aren't as honourable as they used to be. You need to be careful in the dark, you aren't always going to be walked home by somebody able to protect you." Peggy giggled ever so slightly, the two of you stopped suddenly when you heard chatter up ahead, the voices didn't sound so pleasant. You both stood deathly still, you pushed Peggy behind you and moved slightly closer to hear what they were saying. "Maybe we should go back, these guys don't sound so kind." You heard them talking more clearly now, you saw their shadows, each of them armed with a bat and a silhouette of a man tied up in front of them.

"I know how to deal with these guys, just follow my lead and don't start anything."

Peggy walked forward regardless, even when you tried to pull her back she marched on.

"Turn around lady, you don't wanna see this." Peggy didn't stop, much to the amusement of the men.

"Me and my friend just want to walk through, what's happening here is none of our business." The one who seemed to be in charge pushed one of the henchmen forward.

"Make sure they leave, and make sure they know what happens if they start chatting about this." He smiled menacingly and took Peggy harshly by the arm, you followed, an anger built in your chest, but Peggy's words resonated in your head.

~*~

Written by Aaron.