Shuri- Genius (c)

Although you weren't an avenger, you spent almost every waking moment at the Avengers compound working alongside your father Bruce and sometimes Tony Stark himself. You had taken after your father and been very good at anything science based. Thanks to this you were happy to annoy your father everyday and try your best to convince him you were right which was usually the case.

Today wasn't a normal day though. T'Challa was visiting the compound for some business with Tony that you didn't care enough about to listen when told and he had brought his younger sister Shuri. She had decided to wander the compound until she reached the lab in which you and your father were working. At first you didn't want to say anything to her, too scared to embarrass yourself. She was the same age as you, but not only was she a princess but probably the smartest person currently walking the earth, how were you meant to compete with that.

You continued your work, looking out of the corner of your eye to see her looking over an equation on a white board that held great controversy in the lab due to your father not wanting to listen when you told him it was incorrect.

"I've always wanted the chance to say this," she grinned in your direction. "But you forgot to carry the one."

An equally joyous grin curled onto your lips as you bounded over to her, your father peering up from his work.

"I told him that, he just wouldn't agree. He did that equation almost four months ago, but I keep rewriting it in the correct manner, but he'll edit it as he thinks he's right," you laughed.

Your father shot you a look, knowing it was best not to get involved at the moment as you rarely got along with people so wanted you to try and befriend Shuri.

"Even though I'm a certified genius, my brother likes to think he knows better. He never actually does," she laughed. "He likes to throw around the 'I'm the King' spiel but being a King doesn't mean you're a mathematical genius."

"'This is my lab, do not correct me' is my dad's catch phrase," you said pointing towards your father who you knew desperately wanted to intervene.

"You are Dr Banner's daughter?" She questioned.

You nodded your head. "Also, Dr Banner, just Dr Y/N Banner."

Her eyes lit up at you stating your name as she jutted out her hand for you to shake.

"You work on neurology, right?" She smiled. "I read your thesis and it's truly brilliant, I didn't realise you were of relation to Bruce Banner. I'm Shuri, I have so many questions for you."

"And I have so many questions for you."

The two of you grinned and begun to exchange your minds, sharing your work and practically squealing when discussing the genius of the other woman before you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by