Clint Barton- Tree (c)

Although you loved your husband Clint, you did worry about him a lot, especially now as you hadn't seen him in 40 minutes. It was like having a toddler, they could be annoying when making noise but when they went silent, it was far more concerning as they were probably up to something somewhere. You had looked around your home, checking every hiding place that there was, even inside of the microwave but to no avail, you couldn't find your husband anywhere. Frankly you were baffled and settled on the fact that he had vanished into thin air, so decided to continue with your day and head outside.

You went out into the garden with a book and found your favourite spot underneath the large tree in your garden on the bench that your husband had spent a fair too much time building for you. Nevertheless, you liked being outside and enjoying the sunny day, without the hell of getting sunburnt, you wished to appreciate the day and get a good few chapters through your book. You let the peacefulness of the garden take over you as you begun to read but your heart jumped out of your chest when you heard a very loud and obnoxious sneeze from above you.

As far as you knew birds didn't sneeze but if they did, they certainly didn't sneeze anywhere near that loud. Peering up you saw the red face of your husband, perched on top of a branch in your tree.

"Clint?" You frowned, standing up so that you could see him better even though he was a fair bit above of you.

"Hi," he grinned.

"How the hell did you get up there?" You questioned. "I looked everywhere for you, I didn't think you'd be in the tree, I made sure to get the lower branches cut so you couldn't pull yourself up in it again."

He offered you a sheepish smile as he awkwardly looked down at you. You knew that he wasn't scared of heights, but you couldn't see any reasonable way that he would be able to get down without allowing gravity to pull him down.

"With great skill, but I don't think I can get back down," he said softly. "Do you think you could grab me the ladder or something?"

You begun to laugh at Clint, picking up your book. "You can figure it out yourself darling."

With that you spun around and headed off back into the house, ignoring your husband shouting your name, allowing him to suffer for a little while and then you'd offer him help if he still needed it.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.