Michelle Jones- Gingerbread (c)

For the final academic decathlon meeting before the Christmas holidays, everyone was bringing snacks to try and make things seem more relaxed and add some fun to the meeting. You had enlisted your girlfriend MJ to assist you in making some baked goods, some cupcakes and cookies and most importantly gingerbread men. You loved to bake, and MJ just enjoyed spending time with you, so was willing to let you teach her so that you both had something to offer to your friends.

It was a pain free experience, both of your relieved to finally have everything ready other than the gingerbread men whom you had just put into the oven to back. The two of you sat down on the kitchen floor, not caring about how much flour was covering the two of you due to an earlier mishap, both looking onwards at the dark window into the oven.

"It's a rather uneventful episode today," MJ stated. "I hope it picks up tomorrow."

You rolled your eyes at the joke, enjoying the small smile onto her lips. The two of you sat there for a while, checking your timer regularly making sure that you didn't accidentally miss it.

"Do you even like gingerbread?" You asked her, having not actually thought about it, rather just going with making them as it was a festive snack for your meeting tomorrow.

She thought for a second before shrugging her shoulders. "I don't think I've ever had it actually."

"I can't stand it," you said with a scrunched-up nose. "I just like making the biscuits and decorating them, everyone else can eat them."

Neither of you were able to say much more before your timer begun to beep. MJ went to turn it off whilst you retrieved the freshly baked cookies, moving them to place the baking tray onto the hob to cool down.

"I can't stand the taste, but I can't deny that they smell good," you smiled, discarding your oven gloves onto the counter as you begun to gather what you needed to decorate the biscuits once they were cooled.

"They do smell good. Hopefully I'll like them or at least someone tomorrow, otherwise it's a bit of a waste," MJ commented.

"Hopefully," you shrugged. "Either way, I enjoyed making them, did you?"

She nodded her head, a gentle smile upon her face.

"Then that is all that matters," you smiled back to her. "People liking what we made is just a bonus really."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.