Natasha Romanoff- Tea (c)

Your biscuit was mainly in a clump at the bottom of your cup of tea as you continued to swirl the remnants around absentmindedly. The hot beverage had completely become lost to you as you focused far more on your thoughts that had nothing to do with drinking a British favourite.

You had been part of the Avengers for quite a while and lived in the compound with the majority of them but you had begun to hate your job out of sadness that came with spending time with the woman you were in love with. You were open and proud about your sexuality, but you had fallen into the stereotype in falling desperately in love with a straight girl. Natasha was everything you wanted in a woman and although you loved spending time with her seen as she was the owner of your heart, it tore at you to see her constantly without being able to be honest about how you felt.

The sad and lost state you were in wasn't lost to your company. Clint had been in the kitchen too and was rather disgusted with the drink you had seen as it was now mainly filled with chunks of digestive. He finally had enough as your fingers almost hit the hot liquid, losing the rest of the biscuit. He leaned across the table to snap his fingers in your face to gain your attention.

"What?" You snapped, shocked by the loud noise.

"You've wrecked your tea," he stated. "You were thinking about Nat, again weren't you?"

You shot him a glare, hating the fact that he knew about your crush and enjoyed teasing you about it.

"I'm just sick of liking straight girls," you huffed.

He cocked an eyebrow at you. "You didn't know. Natasha is bi."

Before you could express your excitement, the subject of your conversation entered the room.

"What about me being bi?" Natasha asked.

Your cheeks practically glowed. You had spent so long thinking you had no chance with her, you never even considered that maybe she could like you too and maybe you would have to tell her that you were in love with her. Your mouth felt drier than it ever had as your brain raced with all the stupid shit you could accidentally say and end up scaring her off.

"I... urm... I... I... guess... well... I thought... that you... erm... that you were straight," you rambled struggling to form a coherent sentence.

She scrunched up her nose. "How could you ever think that? Have you ever seen a woman? Who doesn't want to fuck at least one woman?"

"Gay men," Clint piped in gaining a glare from both of you.

"Why were you discussing my sexuality anyway?" She asked, turning her attention back to you.

It was now or never.

You took in a deep breath, hoping to build your confidence. "I am kind of in love with you."

A smirk curled onto her lips.

"Well lucky for you, I'm kind of in love with you too."

With that it felt like your heart had leapt out of your throat with excitement.

~*~

written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.