Charles Xavier- Father Figure (a)

Father's Day was always a struggle for you thanks to the whole being abandoned as a toddler thing, but that all changed when Professor Xavier took you into his school for gifted children. You barely even knew you had your powers before Scott had found you in that decrepit house all by yourself, they had given you somewhere to stay but the foster care system was no place for somebody like you, it wasn't a place for anybody different but it did make you wonder who else around you was hiding something.

Hoping that he would be alone in his office, you went to tap on the door but the doors slid open before your hand had made contact with the wood, you had been here a few months now and you had become accustomed to other peoples differences, telepathy just wasn't one of them.

"I am sorry y/n, I do try and only use my powers when required but if I'm focussing on something else it can just happen, I understand that it can be quite jarring." His extended arm welcomed you into his office, it always felt so safe in there, the whole place had been the closest thing that you could ever call home.

"It's okay, I'm sure that ill get used to it soon."

"How can I help you today?" He swept the scattered papers on his desk into one neat pile, aligned all of their edges and placed them neatly into a draw in his grand desk.

"It's June sixteenth..."

"Of course, Father's Day, we do try and avoid helping students track down and contact their parents but under some circumstances it may be arranged if that is something you would desire?"

"If they were willing to abandon to leave me to fend for myself, I don't want anything to do with them." Charles nodded in agreement. "I'm just here to tell you how grateful I am that you sent Scott to come and rescue me. You saved my life."

"Everyday people like us face attacks from the public, we struggle to live peacefully amongst the average man and woman and as soon as we get close to achieving symbiosis it always seems like something happens that sets us back. But you Y/n, students like you, you give me hope that one day we will achieve, one day, a better world for everybody."

"Professor Xavier, you've been the closest thing I've ever had to a father and I've only known you for weeks." He looked touched at your sentiment; you knew that you would have to do this but you had been dreading the actual day.

"I see every student here as my child, even Scott or Jean who have been here for many, many years. We will protect you here y/n, we all care for you so much."

~*~

Written by Aaron.