Thor Odinson- Hammer (a)

You and Thor had been together for the best part of six months now and for the entire time, he had not let you try to pick up Mjolnir, saying that he was scared of you injuring yourself as a few people had done before.

"Well no..." Thor proudly swung his hammer around with ease, holding onto it by nothing more than the small fabric strap that protruded from the handle. "Because you see, this hammer was made by me, for me and only I can lift it."

"You need to be worthy?" You asked, Thor shrugged and agreed but stated that 'only he could be worthy' and how 'thousands of people and god's alike had tried and failed'.

"Maybe if you let me try... I might be worthy." He placed the hammer onto the floor, and stepped away from it.

"Fine, but don't come to me when you have injured yourself, or pulled a muscle in your back."

"What do I get?" You asked, stepping towards Mjolnir and tightly wrapping your fingers around the ancient leather that bound the handle.

"Is being worthy not quite enough for you?" He took a seat, you were sure that if he could have some popcorn he would be far more prepared for the viewing experience. He was probably right, throughout history thousand if not more had not tried and all had failed, but you believed that your will to prove him wrong was greater than any runes or any magical bindings.

"Is it heavy?" You asked, scared to hurt yourself, you could feel the power radiating just by holding onto it.

"Not to me." He laughed, leaning back on the sofa and waiting. You tightened your grip around the handle, took a few deep breaths, bent your knees... and then straightened your legs out, the hammer although heavy, hovered a few inches from the floor. It was only there for a few seconds, but It was enough to bring Thor to his feet but his jaw to the floor.

"Trickery." He stormed over, picking up the hammer for himself and inspecting it closely, this can't be my hammer it must be one of those replicas I have seen around the markets."

"It's Mjolnir." You rose your hand, the hammer flew out of his hands and fell into yours, it brought enough energy to drop you onto your backside but it worked, and for the first time, Thor was speechless.