Tony Stark- Supplies (a)

"Do you think we'll ever get off of this damn ship?" You asked Tony who had just finished recording what could be his final video message, he turned the corner to see you slumped down against the wall trying to ration out whatever little food that you had left.

"Somebody will save us." He dropped down next to you, unhopeful he asked how many days you thought you, him and Nebula had.

"Probably not more than a few days." A little moving around, one less packet here or a little bit less here and you could probably get a day or so out of them but what was the point.

"I've gone without eating before." He pushed an extra little silver pack over to your side.

"I'm not taking your food Tony." You tried to push it back, but he rested his hand onto yours and you knew that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"I don't deserve to go back to a universe that I couldn't help save." He stood up and whilst leaving pushed the rest of the pile over to you, the parcels scattered over the floor. "Sorry." He rubbed his eyes and helped you collect them.

"You did everything that you could. You deserve to live more than anybody else."

"I don't want to go back." He pulled out one of the rusted metal chairs and threw himself down onto it.

"We can rebuild, there's still... what? Fifty percent of people left. It won't be easy, but we can do it."

"There's people there but... nobody there that means anything to me. I was meant to be there to protect them. Peter, Pepper... they relied on me and I let them down." He slammed his hand down onto the table, quickly recoiling in pain, it had been a while since Thanos had taken down the Avengers, but the damage and the pain remained.

"If they were here, they would forgive you. I know they would-"

"But they're not are they!?" He rose from the seat, raising his voice as he tended to do when he couldn't answer a question or sort out an issue.

"Tony..."

"I'm sorry."

"Everybody loses sometimes. I knew Peter, I didn't know Pepper but Peter knew how hard you tried, he knew how hard everybody tried."

"Well what are we meant to do now? Were stuck floating through the literally infinite, vast universe just sitting ducks. What's the point."