Carol Danvers- Cheesy (c)

You were sat propped up against the arm of the sofa, so that Carol could use your lap as a cushion, her body spread across the rest of the seats. The two of you were happily curled up together on your sofa, not needing anything else in the world other than the other person in your life. Just being there with the company of the woman you loved, left you feeling content with life and offered you peace away from the worries that the rest of the world held. Your hands ran through Carol's blonde hair as she laughed about the hell that was your first date.

"I still can't believe you hit that guy with the cue," she laughed. "I thought he was going to kill you if he wasn't so busy crying over his balls."

"It was an accident," you whined. "And it also happened five years ago Carol. My idiocy on our first date should be long forgotten by now."

"I loved our first date. I've loved all of our dates and I will love all the ones to come," she said knowing how cheesy she sounded.

You rolled your eyes at her. "Could you get anymore cheesy?"

She paused for a moment, letting you continue to play with her hair until an idea struck her.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" She asked, propping herself up so that she could look at you properly instead of getting a good view up your nose as she had before. "I remember looking into your eyes for the first time and falling deeply in love with you."

A snort escaped your nose, laughter following behind. Of course, you loved Carol, but she did sound rather stupid when she attempted to sound like she was from some chick flick movie.

"Stop it," you berated her, giving her shoulder a gentle shove so that she would lie back down.

"It's not a complete joke," she admitted. "When I saw you across the bar, I wanted to get to know you. It's rare a beautiful woman came into that place without a guy on her arm. And when you punched that guy who tried to get a little too handsy, well let's just call that love at first sight."

A red hue attacked your cheeks as you thought back to your anger that led to you meeting your girlfriend.

"He shouldn't have tried to grab my arse. Even if I was straight, I would have been pissed," you explained.

"Well at least it meant we got to meet."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.